Friday, September 3, 2010

Stuff

So, sorry for the gap between blogs. But, i have been a busy bee (yea i said it), for the past few days. My classes started Monday. Planning these suckers and making it worthwhile for these students is a lot of work. I have a new found respect for teachers now, lol. I have one class and its takin up all my time, lol. Anyways, my class is going really well all 20 kids have come to every class, which i know that doesnt sound like a big deal to you, but in a culture where people dont go anywhere when its either 1. Friday or 2. Raining , it saying a lot. We’re having fun. They seem realy excited, i had them make their first oral presentation in class on Friday, Show and tell, 5 sentences about yourself and the object you brought with the formato f
My name is
I am from the
I am a
This is a
It is
It is from
Pretty difficult, but they nailed it. I was so proud! I made books for them, i do handouts, games, everything. Its a fun class.
The detention center has been going well also. Im going to be teaching four classes their now, lol. 2 on wed. 2 on thursday. My plate is slowly filling up, lol. One of the kids was released the other day, 2 more new ones came in.

Ive been pretty busy with Medical Mission staff too, since i am a new chairman. Lots of emailing, lol. I have a lot going on right now. No worries, though, because tomorrow im going to the Beach in Monti Cristi! A new Group of volunteers is here, so were gonna go see what the deal is and have some fun. I cant beleive ive been here for 6 months.

Anyways, thats about it for now. Hablamos muchachos

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear the classes are going well. Do u have a lot of girls in your class. How was the beach. Loved the floss story. At beach too this weekend. I am glad u survived your 6 month survival experiment. Guess u can live anywhere now with your newfound hardy constitution. :)

    ReplyDelete