Thursday, August 26, 2010

So today is the day all the kids will sign up for my english classes. I cant start my computer class because the power goes out too much and we dont have a generator....that works. Im supposed to go by their classroom and collect the money (100 pesos) to sign up. Its gonna be another 25 pesos each week to stay in the class. Hope people sign up. Vamos a ver.
So for the forseeable future i will be reformatting every computer in both the Liceo and Detention center, lol. This becomes tricky because we lose electricity for about 6 hours during the middle of the dayso ill usually have it until 10 am, then lose it until 4, school closes at 5. Each computer takes a good 45 minutes to reformat. I have a long road ahead of me. Plus im trying to teach the IT teacher how to format the computers, but she is kind of slow, and takes multiple repititions.
Ive also met a new friend in my neighborhood. His name is joseal and he studies at the English Institute in Santiago. So he speaks very well. HE asked me to be a guest speaker at his class, so ill be going on friday to show off my poorly organized english dialect. Just look at the grammer and punctuation in this blog, should i be teaching anyone? haha. Should be a good time though, im looking forward too it.
Also, im looking after my friends dog for a while, its a mix between a doberman and a chow chow, whatever the heck all that means. All i know is, she is crazy, she pees whenever she gets excited, which is all the time. ITs reaffirmed the fact that i will never get a dog here.
Man, well thats about all the news here. Steelers play on Saturday 8 oclock!
Love and miss you guys a lot. Adios

No comments:

Post a Comment