Sunday, March 11, 2012

Whoopsie Daisy

I can see the finish line....

As of tomorrow i will officially have 2 months left until i touch down on American soil....at least for the immediate future. It has been a looooong and EVENTFUL 2 years. I still cannot believe i have lived here for that long.

Anyways! This past week i helped out at a general health mission in Cien Fuegos with a group from Purdue University. I helped translate and triage patients. We pushed at least 300 people through the door each day. Very cool clinic.

Other than that i am just waiting on grant money so i can complete our cement floor project. Oh!! My school finally fixed their generator batteries and we have 24-hour electricity!! 2 years of fighting with the Ministry of Education to have them come fix what they installed, and they finally responded! Everyone at the school is ecstatic. We have so many resources to integrate technology into education, but we have been unable to take advantage of them due to the light problem. So, i have decided to extend for an extra year to help the school learn how to utilize these materials appropriately.............just kidding. But they will be just fine without me.

I am job searching, keeping my eyes open for different opportunities. Hanging out a lot with my neighbors and the kids in my community. Everyone is asking me for my stuff. I plan on selling just about everything i own. I like to travel light.

Stephanie was here recently and we were all over the place. We wen to church at the HUB, we got to supervise a few of the cement floor projects that i was in charge of, which was really cool. We were offered all kinds of food, juice, coffee. We went to the 27 waterfalls and jumped off cliffs as high as 25 feet. We went to Carnaval, which is a huge celebration all over the country the whole month of February. She got to meet some of my neighbors and played (and beat) some of the kids, including myself, in basketball in my community. It was an awesome trip and im so glad a friend was able to come down and share this crazy life with me.

Jeannie and Matt are coming this saturday! They will be here for a few days then i am going back to the US with them for a few days to be in Matt and Ashley's wedding!

Wish i had some more exciting news to tell ya.....but thats about it....:)

1 comment:

  1. It seems like you have had a blast during your stay. I'm looking into joining and reading as many blogs as I possibly can!

    ReplyDelete