Thursday, March 11, 2010

Made it

Soooooo....Im here....Thats is all.....haha
Wow. Words cannot even describe this experience. Ok, so i live in a little village. Im actually not allowed to give the name out in a public blog like this, so it will remain unsaid. Anyways, I live in a little house with about 12 other people. Couple kids, couple teens, couple adults, throw some neighbors in and why not the grandparents and cousins too. There is like 7 kids all under the age of 10, which is helpful because they speak very slowly to me. I have my own room, which is a plus, but no running water and i get electricity maybe 50% of the day. How do i bathe, one might ask. Well, in the ¨tub¨there is a 50 gallon oil drum filled with unpurified water. I take a smaller bucket and scoop some water into it. Then i pour it over my body. There is also no doorknob on the bathroom door so i have to stuff toiletpaper in the whole to block people from seeing in. Which brings me to my next topic. Using the toilet. Since there is no running water, obviously i cannot flush. So i take said bucket and dip it into the water jug in the tub. Then i dump it, with force, into the toilet to force the excrement down. Quite incredible really. Then i have to throw the toilet paper into a trashcan. It can smell pretty bad. I sleep in a mosquito net on a descent sized bed. I dont have to much trouble getting to sleep but there are no windows, just holes in the wall, so i can hear all the roosters, dogs and music outside. My family is really really nice though, they cook me great food and talk to me and help me with spanish. Well, this is all for now, my time is up on the internet. I had to travel far for an internet cafe, so i wont be communicating very often. Its all part of the experience.

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to imagine, in a non-perverted way, you doing this stuff and it makes me laugh. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun but could be frustrating at the same time. Hope your having a blast! Its like your at a campsite for 3 years lol Thought i would fill you in on a few things for next time you check, 1.) Duke beat UNC in their final match up last week. 2.) I got a pair of Tom's. 3.) I got the new Rocket Summer CD = Amazing. 4.) Big Ben is under investigation for some kind of sexual crime with a girl in a night club. 5.) The Magic have won 7 games in a row. Think thats it for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Joe, Glad to hear family is nice. probably wish you had more baseball cards now with so many kids. Sounds like quite an experience. I am writing you letters so hopefully they will get to you. Praying for you! Glad to see you got some march madness posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe,good to read about your adventure, and an adventure it sounds like! Glad you're safe and taking everything in stride.. You're a special guy. I'm taking good care of Case for you. He's starting to eat like Nick. Scary when those 2 are together!!Your Dad says they are like an old married couple.. Praying for you...Love ya, Miss Trish

    ReplyDelete