Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Water!

So this is how the water here works. Twice a week my village gets water. It comes in a big truck and everyone comes and fills millions of buckets and jugs with water. Then they do everything they can with it, like- cleaning the house, washing dishes, clothes, putting some in the toilet, then put the rest in a tinaka, which is a water storage unit on the roof. Dont be confused, its very small and its usually empty the next day. Yesterday there was water, oh it was glorious. I went to the bathroom and flushed the toilet, i took a shower. This is how we get our water.
Tomorrow I am going to La Vega to visit a current PC volunteer. He has been here for over a year, so it will give me the opportunity to find out about what we will actually be doing. It takes 2 hours to get there from here and i have to take a charter bus which costs 200 pesos, around 7 dollars. Im pretty excited about that. I cant wait to get out of Santo Domingo and see the country.
Well times up.
Love and miss you guys like crazy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joe, I was wondering how they got the water. You answered my question without me asking! Sounds like a great opportunity to see what you will be doing. I am glad to hear this. Love you Ma

    ReplyDelete