Tuesday, July 27, 2010

mucho tiempo

Sorry for the large gap in between blog posts. First my laptop crashed about 2 weeks ago, harddrive pooped out, lost everything. perfect. Then i was on a medical mission this past entire week. It was amazing. We were based out of this retreat center in Yasica which was beautiful. Looked out over mountain ranges and rivers. Then everyday we went out to a different rural village to offer a small medical clinic, not me personally, i just translated, the nursing students handed out the medical advice. It was quite an exciting feeling to be able two sit bewteen two people with two different native languages and make the communicate through me. All the dominicans were soo appreciative to have us there, and it was such a great experience. Most of the medical conditions had to do with high blood pressure, fungal infections on the feet, dehydration, headaches, diabetes, parasites, etc. It was a great way for me to improve my spanish as well.
In other news, im all moved into my new place. Oncei get my laptop back ill try to ulpoad photos from my camera. Im loving the new place. Its comfortable and private. I can do whatever i want, i dont have to check in with anyone or refuse a terrible dinner anymore. I can cook for myself, or go to a neighbors house and eat with them. Its a sweet setup. Although, we havent had running water in a few days....but it has still been fun.
Well i gotta go. I only have a little time at the internet cafe, and i have a lot of other stuff to squeeze into half an hour.
Love and miss you guys

3 comments:

  1. Yasica is a beautiful place. The missions are a great thing to get involved with because you feel you are actually doing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you go to do this. Can't wait to see the pad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear. That must have been cool to translate to get someone much needed medical attention. Look forward to some pics of the new pad. Take care, all is well here!

    ReplyDelete