Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ya






So this 4th of july weekend was nuts. We traveled down to Paraiso, which is way down south, and i live way up north. So it took one tour bus to Santo Domingo, and another minivan 4 hours to Paraiso. It was beautiful, im attaching a few pics so you guys can see it. We camped in tents right by the water. I realized that camping here is not the same as camping in the states, couple reasons, 1. there are 5000 times more mosquitos here, 2. its 5000 times hotter here 3. I forgot a pillow. So basically i couldnt use the sheet i brought to sleep under because it was too hott so my full body was exposed to the mosquitos and one actually bit me in the face, has anyone ever been bitten in the face by a mosquito? There are so many other juicy areas on the body. So we really didnt get too much sleep, which wasnt a big deal really we all still had fun. The next day we went to a place called Los Patos to try it this natural lazy river that outlets into the ocean. It was amazing. We rented tubes and floated all the way down the river until it pooped us out into the raging ocean. There are no sand beaches in the South it appears, they are all baseball shaped rocks, kinda like in France, Mom. So that sucked coming back. I also lost my sun glasses when i was swept under and bashed agaisnt the rocky bottom by a massive wave. There is 100 pesos down the drain! We also had this amazing fish lunch! The best fish i have ever had. The just took the fish cleaned out the insides then fried the whole thing, skin, eyes and all. I know i should not have even thought about eating that given my vulnerability to intestinal distress, but it looked and smelled soo good, and i didnt have any reaction to it! That was 3 days ago! That night we had a huge bond fire and tried to roast weenies, but a large majority of them fell and brok on the ground because the skewers were to thick. Alot of us stayed up dancing and having a good time. IT was alot of fun, and definitely the best 4th of July ive had. We have a really good group of people here, its just another one of the many blessings in my life that im so thankful for.
I have finished my diagnostic for the most part, now i have to do a powerpoint presentation and i should be ready to start my real work once school starts up again in August. I am all set to move out of my house as well. I am giving the landlord my deposit today, im buying a bed on Saturday and i just bought a deadbolt today. Im gonna start moving things in little by little, and i should be fully moved in by the 25 of July, right after i get back from my medical mission. So, i know have a place for everyone to stay f anyone wants to come down. Free rent in the DR people, anyone and everyone welcome....please come.....hahaha, I would looooove to host anyone down here, tell your friends lol.
Also, i jsut bought my first 2 pirated dvds today, Prince of Persia, and Crazy Night. Hope they work. Was only 100 pesos for both.
Thats about it, enjoy the photos and well talk later, adios.

2 comments:

  1. looks awesome! glad your having fun man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI bug repellent???
    Looks like a beautiful spot to spend the 4th.
    I would like to try some of that fish.
    Good luck with your medical misssion!
    Praying for you and friends.
    Love Ya Grampa & Gramma

    ReplyDelete